"I'm so fat.", or "I can't do that.", or worse yet..."I could never be like that person."
I'm guessing your answer is yes, to one, if not all of these. Somehow it's easy to understand how much damage comments like these are to other people, but when it comes to ourselves, we tend to shrug it off.
What if...you started replacing those negative messages that you tell yourself, with the truth of who God says you are? If you're thinking, I'm just not sure this is going to work for me, it sounds like wishful thinking. What if you kept doing things the same way?
Why Try it?
Why not? What do you have to lose?
The BEST version of yourself.
Remember the saying, "If you keep doing the same thing, you will keep getting the same results?"
The same is true with our self talk. You can continue on the same path, struggling with the same things—self-defeating thoughts, anxiety, and fear of failure. Or...you can take a step to change it.
I'm glad that my husband and I did. It was a life–changing decision for us. We are not the same people that we were even a year ago.
Zig Ziglar said, "You are what you are and where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change what you are and where you are by changing what goes into your mind."
Why Biblical Self Talk Matters
Biblical self talk is based on what God says in His Word both verbatim and through biblical principles. It is deliberately looking ourselves in the eye and telling ourselves—out loud—how God sees us.
This is a biblical mandate!
God in His Word first tells us to love Him with all of our heart, mind, and soul. Next, He says to love others as we love ourselves. How can we love others well...if we aren't loving ourselves.
What can happen if I start using self–talk cards?
• A Renewed Mind—replace the negative mindset with the things that are true—who God says you are.
• A Renewed Focus—by consistently practicing daily biblical self talk, you start to recognize what matters most.
• Confidence—you start to realize that you have what it takes. What has been holding you back? Those negative things you believed about yourself, but didn't realize it.
• Peace—Become a good-finder! Start to see the good in everything! The Biblical Self Talk process starts to remove your anxiety, replacing it with peace.
1) New! Healthy Living Mom Exclusive 30 Day Plan for Biblical Self Talk. Original version created by Zig Ziglar himself but edited in collaboration with Ziglar, Inc. made just for you! (2 pages. See sample snapshot below.)
2) Next Steps! After 30 Days - What's Next? More action steps to make you stronger!
3) Personal Commitment Pledge! We are more likely to do things when we write them down and commit to them. According to a study done by Gail Matthews at Dominican University, those who wrote down their goals accomplished significantly more than those who did not write down their goals.*
4) You're Not Alone! I'll be encouraging you along the way!
*https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellevate/2014/04/08/why-you-should-be-writing-down-your-goals/#11ac04213397. Accessed on 4/20/2017.
Take that life–changing step! Start your 30 days to becoming a woman of confidence and strength, today!