This framework is aimed at committed changemakers and impact entrepreneurs who understand that business as usual is not an option, and who want to be part of the solution.
As we consume some 1.76x the planet’s ability to regenerate her biocapacity every year, the need to transition from a take-make-waste economy to a circular closed loop system has never been more urgent.
Fortunately, there are many, many entrepreneurs all over the world, disrupting linear business models, designing waste out of the system, pioneering with new materials and processes, and working tirelessly to bring their innovations to market, and reinventing entire systems as they go.
This activity is not just good for the planet, it’s also highly lucrative: Accenture estimated that the circular economy could be worth as much as US $4.5 trillion
The guidebook is divided into four sections for ease of use. You can dip in and out of each section as you please, as the order is not linear.
Part 1 - The Circular Economy
Part 2 - Circular Business Models
The Five Circular Business Models
1. Circular Supplies
2. Resource Recovery
3. Product Life Extension
4. Sharing Platforms
5. Product as a Service
Part 3 - Five Approaches to Inspire your Circular Business Plan
Part 4 - Create Your Own Circular Business Canvas
Changemakers commit to the 5Ps values of the Positive Compass and;
1. Climate Positive by 2030, Net-Zero & Beyond
2. Plastic-free by 2030, with Good Materials & Packaging
3. Net Positive Impact, leading a Solutions Economy and protecting Biodiversity
4. Slavery-free, protecting children & defending Human Rights
5. Empowered Teams, putting people, diversity & wellbeing at the centre
6. Fair Tax, paying our fair share & being transparent
Start your Circular journey with practical steps.