Discover the Art of Touch
This beautiful course will guide you into the path of Thai Massage. As David Lutt (Founder of Osteothai) states "Thai Massage is about Touch. Often discriminated in our society, touch gives us the possibility to establish a dialogue with the one another. It is an unconditional act of Love, beyond preferences and judgements. Without it, the world would only be solitude and separation. With it, we have an amazing tool to facilitate the process of healing and evolution".
What will you discover from the course?
– the understanding of Thai massage foundations (meditation in movement) and the principles of Touch : how to get softness and power in our hands, how to move in a fluid way on the floor using our whole body.
– the learning of a Thai massage sequence. The sequence taught (massage of approximately 1hr30min) is specifically designed to address the needs of our Western patients through restoring basic flexibility, bringing back body mobility and balancing the flow of energy.
Without pre-requisites, this 5-day class is open to everyone :
– from the complete beginner who has no hands-on experience and wishes simply to be able to give a good massage to family and friends,
– to the health professional (physiotherapist, osteopath, nurse…) who wishes to expand his or her therapeutic techniques.
Aims from the course
1. UNDERSTANDING PRINCIPLES OF BEING, TOUCHING AND WORKING ON THE FLOOR
– Principles of Being :
get grounded, let go, get centered;
the four qualities of the divine state according to Buddhism (Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Uppekha).
- Principles of Touch : to touch, yes, but how..?
- Principles of Working on the Floor :
practicing with hands but also with feet, elbows and knees;
learning how to use our body weight;
stretching muscular channels (long leverages techniques related to yoga).
2. LEARNING A COMPLETE THAI MASSAGE SEQUENCE
to be able to give a full body Thai massage in the four traditional positions (prone, supine, side and sitting) and to understand where and when to use them.
3. ENERGY LINES
to learn about and to work on energy lines specific to Eastern philosophies and techniques.
Join me to learn the art of Thai massage. This 5 day course is an introduction, giving you the tools to give a 1 hour 30 minute Thai massage to friends & family at the end of it.
Location : Karlsruhe
Energy balance :
Investment : €595
9.00 - 09.30: Meditation & Intro
09.30 - 12.00: Practical session
12.00 - 13.00: Lunch
13.00 - 16.30: Practical session
Each day we will travel from the feet to the head with demonstrations, theory & practice time.
Instruction manuals will be provided.
Upon completion of the course students will receive a certificate from Lulyani/Sunshine House schools of thai Massage/ mindful touch program:
For booking = email@example.com
I am so looking forward to sharing with you.
This is Helen, a Mama, Bhakti lover and modern day yogi living and learning on the Yogic path. She offers people a way to wake up with joy and vibrancy for life on their Yoga Journey.
Originally from England, Helen has been practising yoga for over 20 years & teaching around the world for over 14 years and now settled in Karlsruhe, leading retreats, teaching on Teacher Trainings and also offering Thai Massage training's & treatments.
Her passion & joy for Yoga & Thai/ Osteothai massage is infectious, as she helps guide people in living a more fulfilling life in a nurturing natural way.. She is also passionate about Bhakti yoga and there is nothing she loves more than to uplift, connect & share through the power of Mantra.