JOIN THE Y AND THE ROOTED DISH FOR
4-WEEKS OF PLANT BASED BASICS STARTING
Plant-based foods can help you improve your health, manage your weight and help with chronic diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes.
This 4-week series will:
• teach you why eating more fruits, vegetables, grains and beans are great for your body;
• give you simple nutritious recipes that use common ingredients;
• include cooking demonstrations of at least 3 recipes per class;
• provide you an opportunity to a Q&A with a live instructor that has been vegan for almost 10 years;
• give you the support from other people in class looking to make healthy changes; and
• include recipe, meal planning, and nutrition handouts.
June 9th - The Power Of Your Plate
(Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Zesty White Bean Dip, Yes-You-Can Black Bean Chili)
June 16th - How Foods Fight Diabetes
(Good-Enough-For-Guests Green Salad, Zesty Corn Edamame Salad, Cuban Lime Rice)
June 23rd - Foods For A Healthy Weight
(Fruited Breakfast Quinoa, Hummus and Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap, Speedy Veggie Pasta Dinner)
6:00pm - 8:30pm via Zoom (class link will be sent prior to class)
($10 for members, $25 for non-members)
Any questions? E-mail Health@ymcadc.org.